Last updated: April 27, 2017
For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998, the data controller is ROLI Ltd. of 2 Glebe Road, London E8 4BD.
- Information we collect
When you visit our Website, ROLI may collect and use the following kind of information:
- information that you provide to us for the purpose of registering with the Website and subscribing to its services;
- information that you provide when purchasing a JUCE or Projucer license, such as your name, e-mail address, address and phone number;
- any other information that you share on the Website or send to ROLI;
- Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the internet;
- technical information, including your login information, browser type and version, time zone setting, session length, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform;
- other technical information about your use of this Website, such as your scrolling, clicking, and mouse-over behavior.
When you use our JUCE code, ROLI may collect and use the following kind of information:
- Your Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the internet.
- Information about your use of the JUCE code, such as your scrolling, clicking, and mouse behavior.
- If you are using our JUCE code with a free “JUCE Personal” or “JUCE Educational” license, we may additionally collect the IP addresses of the end-users of your JUCE built application solely for our internal operations in connection with providing JUCE. You agree to inform your own li li end-users of your applications using JUCE about such collection of their IP addresses by ROLI and have them expressly agree to it. You may opt-out of this tracking when you purchase a “JUCE Indie” or “JUCE Pro” license.
- The JUCE code, Projucer software and the Website are not directed towards children, and we do not knowingly collect any information from children. You may not develop an application using JUCE that is “directed toward children” as is defined under the Children’s Online Privacy li li li Protection Act (“COPPA”) unless you fully comply with COPPA and any other applicable laws relating to the collection of personal information from children.
When you use our project management tool “Projucer,” ROLI may collect and use the following kind of information:
- The Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the internet;
- Technical information such as your login information, time zone setting, session time and length, and operating system;
- Other technical information about your use of Projucer, such as your scrolling, clicking, and mouse behavior.
- How we use the information we collect
ROLI may use your information to:
- improve our services;
- administer this Website, JUCE and Projucer;
- aggregate analytics and statistical information;
- personalize our Website and our services for you;
- enable your access to and use of the Website services;
- supply you with the services and products that you purchase;
- send to you statements and invoices;
- send you marketing communications (only with your permission).
- Information We share
We may share your personal information with any member of our group, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries, as defined in section 1159 of the UK Companies Act 2006.
In addition to the disclosures reasonably necessary for the purposes identified elsewhere above, ROLI may disclose your personal information to the extent that it is required to do so by law, in connection with any legal proceedings or prospective legal proceedings, and in order to establish, exercise or defend its legal rights.
Roli may share non-personally identifying information publicly and with third parties, for example, anonymous, aggregated data to show trends about the general use of our products and services.
- Securing your data
ROLI will take reasonable, technical and organisational precautions to prevent the loss, misuse or alteration of your personal information.
ROLI will store all the personal information you provide on its secure servers.
- Cross-Border Data Transfers
- Other Websites
This Website contains links to other websites. ROLI is not responsible for the privacy policies or practices of any third party.
- Accessing, updating, and deleting personal informationYou may access, update or delete information held by us about you. Please contact us, if you have such or similar requests. Our contact information is found on our Website’scontact page.