JUCE AWARD CONTEST TERMS
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED. ENTRY IN THIS CONTEST CONSTITUTES YOUR ACCEPTANCE OF THESE OFFICIAL RULES.
Prizes subject to the contest sponsored by ROLI and Sonicwire as described herein (“Contest”) will be awarded in accordance with these Official Rules (the “Rules”). “You” means the entrant of the Contest, which may be an individual or company.
2. SPONSOR: The Contest is sponsored by ROLI, Ltd., (“ROLI”) with a business address of 2 Glebe Road, London E8 4BD and Crypton Future Media, Inc. DBA Sonicwire, (“Sonicwire”) with a business address of 11F Nihon Seimei Sapporo Bldg., 1-1 NISHI4 KITA3, CHUO-KU, Sapporo 060-0003 Japan and their respective employees, officers, directors and agents (collectively referred to as "Sponsor").
3. ELIGIBILITY: The Contest is open to all JUCE software users with a valid JUCE software license, who have created an original application or plugin using JUCE (either commercial or open-source), and who are at least 18 years of age or older (or at least 20 years of age for Japanese residents), as of the time of entry, and except (i) Sponsor and members of their immediate families (parent, child, sibling and spouse and their respective spouses, regardless of where they reside) and households of each, whether related or not related, (ii) residents or companies in countries where there are economic sanctions or trade embargoes or (iii) residents or companies in Mexico, Brazil and India, who are not eligible to participate or win a prize in the Contest. If you are entering on behalf of a company, you agree that you are authorized to represent the company and any award will be for the company and not you as an individual.
4. HOW TO ENTER-NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN: To enter the Contest, go to the JUCE entry page found here and fill out all required information, including your user email, a URL for a screenshot of the JUCE plugin or application, and a link to download your JUCE plugin or application (“Entry”). All Entries must the entrant’s original creation. Your Entry must also be currently available (i.e., this is not open to defunct products). There may be more than one Entry per entrant.
6. CONTEST SCHEDULE: The Contest starts on September 25, 2017 and ends on October 30, 2017 (“Contest Period”). An entrant may submit an Entry at any time during each Contest Period. Contest Periods are subject to change.
7. NUMBER OF QUALIFIED ENTRANTS/ODDS OF WINNING: Odds of winning are dependent on when you enter the Contest, as you can potentially gain more votes the longer your Entry is open for voting. A purchase will not increase your odds of winning.
8. SELECTION OF AND NOTIFICATION TO WINNERS: The Entries will be open for voting by the public on the earlier of (i) the date 20 valid Entries are received and (ii) 13 October 2017. The public may vote for as many Entries as they desire, but there is only one vote per Entry per voter. Voting closes on November 13, 2017 at 11:59 p.m. GMT. The Entry with the most amount of votes will be the winner, provided the entrant and the Entry adhere to these Rules.
Tie-breaker: In the event of a tie, the Sponsor, in its discretion, will (i) re-evaluate the tied Contest Entries at the tied-level and choose a winner based on creativity and originality; or (ii) decide to award each tied entrant a prize.
Notification to Winners: Becoming a winner is subject to validation and verification of eligibility and compliance with these Rules and applicable JUCE End-User License Agreement. If a potential winner is disqualified for any reason or unable to accept the prize, Sponsor reserves the right, in its discretion, to award the prize to another qualified entrant. The winner(s) will be made public on the 14th of November during the Audio Developer Conference and the winner will also be notified by email (using their ROLI account email).
9. PRIZES AND APPROXIMATE RETAIL VALUE: The Prize for this Contest, including approximate values based on the manufacturers’ suggested retail price (MSRP) is:
- A JUCE 5 Pro Perpetual License with a MSRP of $1300.00;
- A developer kit consisting of one Lightpad Block + Controller with a MSRP of $249.95; AND
- Software instruments from SONICWIRE with a minimum MSRP value of $500 consisting of:
- Hatsune Miku V4X;
- KAGAMINE RIN/LEN V4X Bundle; and
- MEGURINE LUKA V4X.
10. CHANGES OR ADDITIONS: These Rules are subject to change, and Entrants will be notified on the JUCE contest entry page of any additional rules or changes to these Rules.
11. TAXES: Awards of prizes to potential winners may be subject to the express requirement that they submit all documentation requested by Sponsor to permit it to comply with all applicable state, federal and local tax reporting. If a potential winner fails to provide such documentation or comply with such laws, the prize may be forfeited and Sponsor may, in its sole discretion, select an alternate potential winner.
12. GOVERNING LAW AND JURISDICTION: These Rules shall be governed by the laws of England and Wales without regard to its conflict of law rules and you consent to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts located in London, UK.
13. DISQUALIFICATION: Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify any entrant from the Contest if it is prohibited in the entrant’s jurisdiction or, in Sponsor’s sole discretion, it reasonably believes that the entrant has attempted to undermine the legitimate operation of the Contest by cheating, deception, providing false information, engaging in any unfair playing practices or annoys, abuses, threatens or harasses any other entrants or Sponsor. Sponsor does not actively monitor any activity on its service, but if Sponsor becomes aware of any attempts by any entrant or other third party to influence the results of any Contest by the use of bots, botnets, scripts, apps, plugins, extensions or other means, automated or otherwise, to artificially create accounts, or otherwise to misrepresent the usage relating to the Contest, Sponsor reserves the right to take action at its discretion including, without limitation, deletion of that user’s account. Any non-compliance with these Rules may result in the immediate elimination of the entrant from the Contest.
15. PUBLICITY: By entering the Contest, entrants agree to participate in any media or Contest activity resulting from the Contest as reasonably requested by Sponsor at Sponsor’s expense. Entrants agree and consent to use of their name and/or likeness and user name by Sponsor. Sponsor reserves the right to publish the name and likeness of the winners on the Sponsor websites or through other media for publicity purposes. Sponsor may disclose the name submitted by the entrant at the time of signing up for the Contest. Sponsor reserves the right to alter entered names which may be derogatory or offensive.
16. RELEASE: By participating in any Contest, You accept and agree to these Rules and the decisions of Sponsor, which shall be final and binding in all matters. By participating in any Contest, You agree to release and hold Sponsor harmless against any and all claims and liability arising, in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, out of participation in the Contest or use or redemption of a prize. The releases hereunder are intended to apply to all claims not known or suspected to exist with the intent of waiving the effect of laws requiring the intent to release future unknown claims.
18. INTERNET AND DISCLAIMER: Sponsor is not responsible for any malfunction of the Contest website, including any system errors, failed, incomplete or garbled computer or other telecommunication transmission malfunctions, hardware or software failures of any kind, lost or unavailable network connections, typographical or system/human errors and failures, or any other technical malfunction(s).
19. RIGHT TO CANCEL, MODIFY OR DISQUALIFY: If for any reason the Contest is not capable of running as planned, Sponsor reserves the right at its sole discretion to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Contest. Sponsor further reserves the right to disqualify anyone who tampers with the submission process or any other part of the Contest.
20. WINNER’S LIST: Individuals may request winners' names (submitted upon signing up for the Contest) by sending an email request to email@example.com by no later than December 31, 2017.